Business & Data Analyst
The Business Data Analyst is the overall source of information for the organization data, to allow senior management and business stakeholders to make strategic business decisions. Coupled with strong technical skills, this is a business role that requires an understanding of the finance industry, and fintech in particular, as well as its market indicators, and specifically focused to the Southeast Asia region. Furthermore, the Business Data Analyst needs to demonstrate his/her ability to identify trends and data patterns, to apply strong analytical methods, and to represent the findings with compelling visual representations in order to convey proposed strategies and solutions.
- Designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and workflows to support the data analytical activities.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources.
- Data scraping across different online sources and repositories.
- Converting raw data into structured data by resolving the errors in the data, removing irrelevant data, and identifying the potential data.
- Applying data cleaning techniques to make it ready for manipulation and visualization.
- Identifying trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics.
- Performing competitive market analysis.
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Demonstrating the significance of the produced reporting to senior management in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- Collaborating with programmers and engineers to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Recommend and develop policies for data governance.
- Strong understanding of banking and finance sector.
- Strong financial reporting skills.
- Mathematical and statistical skills to gather, measure, organize, interpret, and analyze data and data sets.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, and corresponding leading libraries for data analysis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the main algorithms and mathematical models and when to apply them to data analysis.
- Ability to apply web scraping methods and techniques.
- Data modeling as well as data pipe design and build capabilities.
- Capable of collecting quality data for analysis.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of at least one data visualization software.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Understanding and ability to deal with big data.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the fintech industry, ML, and/or AWS a plus.
- Undergraduate degree or master’s degree in analytics, computer science, data modeling, or math.